Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Can't-Wait Willow! Book - Adorable Story & Teaching

I got this book from FlyByPromotions to read with my family and give our opinion.  I was worried that my son would be too old for this, but the story had a great teaching to it, that in my opinion is great for any age!! Even as old as me!! I was reminded to be sure to go for what is the most important in life (in my case, God's plan for me) and not be sidelined by all of the little things on the path in the journey!!  My husband and son sat down to read it and Dylan said that it told him to "Never Give Up" - even when we don't make it the first time, there are sometimes second chances waiting for us.



Looking at this book in a different way, makes me think that just like little Willow - all of us are so entrapped by the world and sometimes lose sight as to what is our final goal (in her case, the circus).  We must always remember, that as long as we have the Lord in our heart and accepted Him as Savior, no matter how much we blow it in our lives, He will always be there at the gates of heaven with that ticket that we in no way could have purchased or earned.  Now that's something that deserves a celebration!!!



The first book in the series:  Can't-Wait Willow!


Willow is so excited that the Over-the-Top Circus has finally come to town! The only problem is, that when left to her own devices, she can’t say “no” to some good things. On the way to the show, she is distracted by enticing treats and fun that she just can’t turn down. Willow arrives late and is sad to find that, not only has she has run out of time, but money, and she won’t be able to enjoy the pink cotton candy she’s been dreaming of. Willow is given valuable advice and a second chance and is ultimately taught the lesson that sometimes in life you have to say “no” to good things to end up with something great!


About the Author
(Recognize the last name Ziglar?!?)

Christy Ziglar, financial planner, mother of twins and niece of legendary motivator and the world’s original optimist, Zig Ziglar, is bringing the same timeless wisdom and ageless advice to an entirely new, younger audience through her new Shine Bright Kids picture book series.   
Christy is available for Q&A, author interviews, Skype calls, etc.!

About the Illustrator

Thanks to her first grade teacher, who recognized her superior skills in drawing a robin, Luanne Marten has been drawing, painting and sketching ever since.  She is a great experimenter and has a fresh, whimsical approach to bring her characters to life.


About Shine Bright Kids

The Shine Bright Kids series provides children and their families with a relevant framework to help instill solid values and teach the importance of making good choices. The principles that will be explored include: using good judgment, taking responsibility, having a positive attitude, and demonstrating perseverance.

Website

The author's website has great resources to support the book, including a printable poster with 'Ways to Shine Bright,' as well as reward chart you can use at home with your children.
 
The publisher site is: http://www.idealsbooks.com

Enter to win one here:


or if you don't want to wait, purchase one now:




"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

8 comments:

  1. I think that my 6 Yrs. old son will share the book with me! He learned how to read, so now every night He read a book to his sister, my husband and me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is adorable - what a great Mom you are to make that important!!

      Delete
  2. I would share this with my kids and all my nieces and nephews!!
    Kelli Avery

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an adorable story I would share with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would share it with my daughter than pass it on to a niece thanks crystal allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see your son reading this book with my illustrations on it! thanks for the great review!
    Luanne Marten
    www.luannemarten.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a wonderful job Luanne!! It was great to see an older child still be able to enjoy it and learn something!! Thanks!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment - God bless!!