Monday, September 9, 2013

Did You Know Pigs Could Swim?

I got this book from FlyByPromotions to read and give my opinion on.  I really got it for my son, but ended up reading it myself first.  What a great story.  I loved the details and ways that they incorporated biblical teaching in fun stories.  It's funny, but after reading this, I really want to visit that farm!! ha/ha  This would be great to read to your kids and be able to talk about the story and what things mean and how they can apply them to their lives, as well.  My son is almost 13 and I feel that this is a bit below his level, however, I think he will love the story and being that it's a chapter book will love how it can be used for his homework for school reading at home!!  Would be great for parents of smaller children as well.  You could read a chapter each night and use it for a bible study type of thing with your kids.  

I absolutely love how the Lord's teachings can be seen as fun and humorous.  A lot of people believe religion to be boring and serious.  God smiled and laughed many times and probably a lot at me!! ha/ha  I just love how you can show that being a child of God can be fun, rewarding and worth every muddy pig on the farm!! :)   Hope you enjoy this book and be sure to enter, as well as share this giveaway with others.  There is also a link at the bottom, if you'd like to just purchase one now for you to begin reading.

"Be patient like those farmers and don’t give up. The Lord will soon be here!" -James 5:8



Bash and the Pirate Pig, by Burton Cole, is the story of a cranky city kid named Raymond "Beamer" Boxby who must spend summer vacation at his younger cousin, Bash's, farm. 

Beamer prefers air conditioning and video games. He can't see what good can come of this so-called country fun that includes riding cows, river rafting with a pig, or playing with skunks. 

But hang tight, Beamer, because Bash's zany adventures with his "Fishin' and Farmin' book" (The Bible) just might lead to the coolest discovery of all.


About the Author
Burton Cole is a Pulitzer Prize nominated journalist with thirty years of experience and more than fifty humor writing awards to his credit. He grew up on a farm in northeast Ohio and attended a small-town church with a slew of cousins and buddies. That same boyhood inspires his colorful stories today. 

About the Illustrator 
Tom Bancroft has more than twenty years of experience in the animation and illustration industry and worked with Disney on films including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Aladdin. Other clients have included DC Comics and Big Idea Productions. 


Stay Connected

B&H Publishing Twitter: @BHKidsBuzz
Website: BH Publishing Group

Get One For Yourself Now:

...Or Enter To Win One:
a Rafflecopter giveaway

I, Jamie Tomkins, own and operate Tiger Strypes Blog located at http://www.tigerstrypes.com. From time to time you’ll hear about my real life experiences with products and/or services from companies and individuals. Let it be known that I have no affiliation with these said companies, and have not received compensation for reviewing their service/product. The service/product was given to me by the company or any agents of the company. The review that I give regarding the product/service is based off my own personal experience, I do not guarantee that your experience will be the same.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun book for the kids! My son would love this!! He loves all things animal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't posted about ours yet, so I'm going to be sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read this and share it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - God bless!!